Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Fashion Police Ruling

Spanish man wear man-prix pants nice,
White man just look silly.
Photos later.

Update:
Speaking of Fashion Police. Our female officer here on Caye Caulker has taken to wearing combat boots with her skirt uniform. The first time I saw that I was... huh? Is that what I think it is, and not the fashionable black ankle socks and black oxfords that we've come to know and love?
I think I'll bribe her with a brownie and ask her the classic question... Did your momma wear...?
But she might accidently shoot me.
I WISH I had photos of this.
See what happens to me when I'm just minding my own business?

7 comments:

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Hahahaaaaa, oh Lor', I love this blog. I mean the whole blog, not just this post.

Ask her, ask her.

P.S. How did that question come into being? Who first asked it? How did it get so popular?

Anonymous said...

Back in the ancient times when I was a girl, it was indeed fashionable to wear black boots with skirts, they were called Doc Marten's and it was a punk rock thing. I still have mine but I restrict my wearing of them to my Harley Davidson collection.

Cream said...

I agree with admsgrl, Lee!
This was the height of fashion in the Eighties!

Unknown said...

Your post reminded me of the Directors Cut of the movie "Slapshot" with Paul Newman where "The Hansons" are commenting over every scene. It's funny. Paul Newman walks in with plaid slacks and they say: "There's Paul making a fashion statement"!

David Crowe said...

I want some pictures.. men in pants! Policewomen in skirtrs and combats boots ... surely not?

hobbes said...

c'mon - you can do it - take the pictures, ask the question.. the anticipation is unbearable..

Caribbean Colors Belize said...

I'm a gutless wonder. She smelled the brownies baking, came in and bought one. I didn't ask, but she was armed with her trusty rusty revolver. I've seen them cleaning their weapons next to our building while sitting on the soak away (septic tank).
If anyone's beenwondering where I've been.... puter problems again.