Monday, October 24, 2005

I'm in hog heaven

MB was here and brought me stacks of New Yorkers and Vogue magazines. She had an exciting time with dodging hurricane Wilma

The store opened yesterday, we were sort of ready, lots of stuff to put away still, but its clean and mostly functioning. We needed to open anyway because people were beating the door down to get in. Well, not really, mostly they were asking in a polite way, when are you going to open? Awe shucks... they missed me. Well maybe they missed the coffee more than me, but I'll take the implied compliment anyway.

We're going to the city today to shop and restock the freezers and refridge and to buy bread machines. Bigness has decided that we need to sell deli sandwiches, salads and cow foot soup. I reminded him that I don't eat the foot, balls, eye or tongue of anything.

6 comments:

hobbes said...

Yumm - homemade sandwiches. Breadmachines rock.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

New Yorkers. Vogue mags. I can do with some!

Glad you're up and about, getting business going again.

By the way, suppose the customers like the cow foot soup? :-D

Cream said...

Glad you are up and running once again!
Sounds like both you and Bigness enjoy the café very much!

Caribbean Colors Belize said...

I think we have some Cancun tourist refugees on the island now.

Caribbean Colors Belize said...

GG- by the time I get through with them they will be all pawed up with greasy fingerprints and coffee stains. I'm probably going to be buried in quality reading for the next 2 months. Bigness is looking forward the breakdown in communication.

Alison Ashwell said...

reminds me of here- france- my kids get things like pigs cheeks and feet for school dinners