Saturday, July 06, 2013

Revisiting Guatemala

I took a second look at all of those photos I shot in September 2012, and edited in October/November, and was surprised what I saw this time around. Seemingly innocuous boring photos took on a new life once I looked at them thru a fresh eye. From time to time I need to set something down and revisit it later to understand. These photos will eventually become part of paintings, I'm sure of that. However, they didn't make it on the final edit for the book.
Reminds me of an old sepia photo
 

 Headless statues and crumbling façade.










 
Colors of Guatemala photo book is now available for sale thru BLURB.COM the soft cover edition is $19.99 (plus shipping) Hardcover editions are available also.
By Lee Vanderwalker
Book Preview

And HEY! I'm not being stingy with the preview. I am allowing a full book preview, so even if you're not in the mood to buy, enjoy!
  

1 comment:

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

So many places, so little time.

Your blog takes me away to places I dream about, makes me realise [again], how much beauty there is, if only we can see.