Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Oh, So That Explains It...

Full Moon... the next day

Juanita:
Did you hear de joke bout de hit and run?

Me: No, what?

Juanita: Miss Puneesha stone Cousin Rageo with her slipper, on de street, lasss night pon midnight.

Me: What?

Juanita: That's the joke.

Me: What joke.

Juanita: She call he chancey beca he live with he wife AND sweetheart.

Me: She took up for her daughter.

Juanita: That's the other joke

Me: Tell me...

Juanita: Dey say wife no noh bout de sweetheart. Hmp! Must be he like young ting!

Me: I was asleep at 8, I didn't hear a THING! I always miss out on the action.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe....Miss Puneesha was tired of listening to Lenard Cohen

Anonymous said...

I'm with you,Lee, now my Kriol is really shakey, but I really don't get the joke. Maybe this is more like a humorous antecedote than a joke, strictly speaking. HOHO, MB

Anonymous said...

Did you laugh?

Caribbean Colors Belize said...

Marybeth: here's a quick translation
Miss Punisha smacked her son-in-law (Cousin Ragio) with her sandle, while on the street, at midnight on full moon (out in front of our house). It appears that she found out that her son-in-law has a young sweetheart, living in the house with him and the wife doesn't know what's going on. THE WIFE THINKS THEY ARE JUST FRIENDS.

Cream: yes I did laugh... and laugh... and laugh because I had a suspicion that something was going on over there...

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

hahahahahahaha

Tings really happen in dat small place dere, Miss Lee.