Friday, May 26, 2006

Just Stopped By to Say Hello

I'm in the bush now painting for a show in November, in case you've been wondering where I've been these past few weeks. I just came into civilization to buy fresh food and get my email.

Ahhh... civilizaiton, its a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Me: do you think the jaguars will come and drink out of the baby pool at night?
Bigness: no, but the neighbor's dogs will.

Me: Fat Rosa has put a hit out on me.
BIgness: she has to catch you first before she can kill you.

Me: How do you grow banana trees?
Bigness: ...
Me: Do you plant a banana?
Bigness: you plant a sucker.
Me: what is a sucker? a root?
Bigness: no a sucker is a sucker.
Me: ...

Me: why do they call your cousin Chicken?
Bigness: because he looks like a chicken.

Next week:
Me: why do they call your cousin Chicken?
Bigness: because he likes to eat chicken.

The week after:
Me: why do they call your cousin Chicken?
Bigness: because he talks like a chicken.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHGosh, that chicken thing had me rolling, I can just hear him saying each of those things. Maybe the next one in the series will be "because he walks like a chicken". Thanks for checking in. MB

DCveR said...

LOL
If the guy looks like a chicken, eats lots of chicken and talks like a chicken no wonder they call him chicken!

Rainypete said...

I'm glad you're well. I'm still wondering why they call his cousin chicken??

Caribbean Colors Belize said...

Me too! He's a very sweet, quiet kinda guy. I would have never given him the nickname Ckicken. Bigness also had a friend, recently deceased with the nickname Woodlice. He lost his leg in a terrible auto accident, and had to get a wooden leg. As young men they would kinx him that his leg was going to get wood lice. My grandpa used to nickname me brownie, because in the summer my skin would turn so brown, or he would call me sookie, which I think is a nickname for favorite pet.